Faculty Accepting Students
Ronald Rogge, Ph.D.
Lisa Starr, Ph.D.
Fred Rogosch, Ph.D., Mt. Hope Family Center (see MHFC for more details)
Thomas O’Connor, Ph.D., URMC Department of Psychiatry
Tristram Smith, Ph.D., URMC Department of Pediatrics, Neurodevelopmental & Behavioral Pediatrics
How to Apply
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR SEPTEMBER 2015 ADMISSION FOR CLINICAL, DEVELOPMENTAL, & SOCIAL-PERSONALITY PROGRAMS IS DECEMBER 15, 2014.
There is a $60 non-refundable application fee.
To submit an application:
Complete the University of Rochester Online Application at https://apply.grad.rochester.edu. Here you can upload all of the below required documents:
- Personal Statement
- Official transcript(s) *Please scan and upload an official or unofficial copy of your transcript(s) to your application; mailing the original is not needed at this time.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- GRE/TOEFL Scores
NOTE ABOUT GRE:
- Scores less than 5 years old can be submitted
- The Advanced Psychology test is optional
- Results of GREs taken in December may not reach us in time to consider with your application
NOTE ABOUT TOEFL:
If you do not meet one of the following criteria, you must fulfill the English proficiency examination requirement (IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE-Academic):
- You are a native speaker of English in your home environment
- You completed three or more years of secondary education at an American or International School where English is the primary language of instruction
- Institution: 7267 (also applies to TOEFL)
- Clinical: 2001
- Developmental: 2006
- Social-Personality: 2015
If you have additional questions please contact:
Additional notes about our application process
Reviewing of materials (and notifying candidates) will begin in January; faculty of each area will conduct interviews with promising candidates in February. We will notify interviewees of their status before the University's April 15th deadline. Because of the large number of applicants, interviews are arranged by invitation only. We regret that we cannot honor requests for interviews initiated by applicants.
Applicants who have completed graduate work at other universities are evaluated by the same criteria as other students. Transfer of credit for graduate work with approval can be made up to a state—mandated maximum of 30 hours, but these arrangements cannot be made until after an applicant is offered admission.