Social Development and Family Processes Research Group
Welcome to the Social Development and Family Processes Research Group in the Department of Clinical and Social Sciences in Psychology, University of Rochester.
We can be reached by contacting:
Professor Judi Smetana
Department of Clinical and Social Sciences in Psychology
Meliora Hall RC 270266
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY 14627
We are engaged in a number of research projects in the area of social development and family processes. Our current lines of research include:
- Adolescent-parent relationships in different cultural contexts;
- Parenting beliefs and parenting practices;
- Autonomy and the personal domain;
- Children's moral and affective judgments;
- Cultural influences on development.
Please visit 'Current Projects' for more specific project titles and descriptions.
The research group includes faculty and graduate students in the Developmental Psychology Program Area. For inquiries about the graduate program in developmental psychology, please visit the Developmental Program Area.