Welcome to Mt. Hope Family Center
>>> Important Coronavirus Information <<<
Mt. Hope Family Center is adhering to New York State guidelines for staffing during the pandemic.
Please note that while our staff are working remotely, we will do our best to respond to your calls and e-mails as quickly as possible, but we may not be able to respond immediately.
If you need immediate help, please call Lifeline @ 211
More COVID-19 resources:
We are a team of psychologists, researchers, clinicians, and administrators helping to improve the lives of children and families who have experienced violence, abuse, neglect, or trauma.
Mt. Hope Family Center’s unique approach combines scientific research, clinical services, and hands-on mentoring and training in one facility. We provide evidence-based intervention and prevention services to over 900 at-risk children and families annually in our community. As part of the University of Rochester, we also train and educate the next generation of clinicians and research scientists.
Our team, along with the center’s executive director, Sheree Toth, Ph.D., is committed to reducing the devastating impact of childhood trauma, especially child maltreatment, and achieving better short and long-term mental health, developmental, and physical health outcomes.
Mt. Hope Family Center is dedicated to promoting psychological health and preventing maladjustment and mental illness in the lives of children and families. We accomplish our mission by conducting innovative scientific research, developing, providing, and disseminating evidence-based prevention and intervention strategies and training mental health professionals.
Statement of Shared Values
- Appreciation of Diversity – We recognize the inherent worth and unique perspective of each individual.
- Innovation – We strive to be on the leading edge of basic and applied research, service delivery, and training.
- Relationships – We develop trusting and collaborative relationships to guide the work we do.
- Compassion – We promote resilience in others with sensitivity to their experiences in challenges, adversity and trauma.
- Excellence – We are dedicated to clinical interventions, research inquiry, and professional education of the highest order.
- Integrity – We uphold an uncompromising adherence to high moral and ethical principles.